My experiences cover both Quality Assurance and Software Testing. They include manual and automated testing, team management and process improvement to enhance business performance, product quality and company revenue.
I focus my work on customers’ expectations and product quality. I am a creative self-starter with strong development knowledge, allowing me to quickly become effective on different projects.
I am fluent in English, French and Spanish.
I have been a computer lover for the past 22 years and am always trying to learn new things.
– Managed Quality Assurance and Technical Support teams (13 people)
– Hired 10 people and interviewed 100+ candidates for a variety of positions
– Acted as a process improvement coach for the engineering department (35 people)
– Worked daily with product owners, developers, account managers, company executives and all stakeholders to improve PowerReviews processes and overall customer satisfaction
– Built the QA team from the ground up (5 SDETs)
– Created a Selenium test framework in Java from scratch and led the transition to Continuous Integration (Jenkins + Maven + Github)
– Introduced scrum methodology and oriented the organization mindset towards quality
⇨ 50% back-end testing (RESTful API testing in JMeter and Java)
⇨ 50% front-end testing (Selenium Webdriver + Java + JUnit).
DATATRAK provides an all-in-one clinical enterprise software solution that empowers clinical users and service providers with the components necessary for efficiently designing, delivering and managing clinical trials.
My work is focused on Software Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance.
– Leading the Quality Assurance effort for DATATRAK’s core software products and internal tools
– Improving processes across the board to enhance business performance and product quality
– Driving continuous improvement in quality culture throughout the company
– Maintaining company’s regulatory compliance to worlwide health regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA, PMDA) and highest software development standards (SDLC waterfall and agile methodologies)
– Highly focused on FDA and ISO regulations (GCPs, HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, Part 820, 312, ISO 27000, etc.)
– Preparing and executing customers, internal and regulatory audits
In just one year in this position, I :
– implemented the metrics process (gathering, analyzing and reporting Key Progress Indicators)
– successfully facilitated more than 15 clients audits,
– led internal and provider audits,
– led the QA effort for 8 product versions
I received a “DATATRAK President’s Award“ three months after joining the company. This award is given to employees who make a significant impact across the organization : “[…] Rodolphe, in the brief time you have been with the company, you have surpassed even our wildest expectations. You stepped in to a department that was facing many challenges and helped to build stronger systems and processes. […]”
– Testing communication drivers developed in-house from medical devices (patient monitors, ventilators, etc.) to EMR software
– Continuous improvement of test plans and processes
– Leading 2 QA Engineers, training, coaching and supporting them on a daily basis
– Responsible for defect tracking methodology (using MS Visual Studio + TFS)
– Working closely with QA Manager to steer projects and assist QA Engineers
– Testing in-house or at client’sites throughout USA (WI, TX, CA, NJ, CO, etc.)
– Interacting with development teams on a ongoing basis
– Intensive use of virtualization tools to run tests in controlled environments (Oracle VirtualBox, VMWare vSphere, HyperV)
– Daily use of versioning system (TFS + Tortoise CVS)
– Gray to White box testing
– Physical or simulated medical devices testing
– In-depth understanding of dozens of communication protocols
– Use of MS Visual Studio to perform primary troubleshooting (reading C++ code)
– Advanced use of VBA for Excel
Project aiming at renewing French nuclear information system used by 30,000 users and composed of more than 20 web-based applications.
– Day to day management of a 15-people team. My philosophy is leading by example and establish true communication across the team.
– Responsible for defining test strategy and improving testing process
– Responsible for writing test plans and performing tests
– Leading weekly tests steering meetings: co-ordination of the tests for the entire project
– Successfully re-organized the QA Team to deliver high-quality solutions
– Agile Management to organize tests of major versions every 3 months and minor versions every 3 weeks by end-users + team members
– Responsible for defect tracking, users’representative to weekly “bug meetings”
– Constant interactions with project directors and development teams
– Advanced use of HP Quality Center (professional Quality Management Software), by the use of every module of the software (requirements description, test plans building, defect tracking)
– Advanced use of IBM Clearquest (project’s main tool for defect & ER tracking)
– Mostly black box testing on customer side
– Automated software testing (HP Quality Center + QTP, Selenium)
– Leading plant performance commission: facilitation of an internal committee aiming at optimizing production performance
– Neutronical Engineer: leading technical teams to perform nuclear physical tests during production cycles and at start-up
– Project Management between several nuclear power plants
– Worked on several technical cases (vapor generator clogging, integration of a new Westinghouse reactivity computer)
– Technical trainings (with full-scale simulator) to design, safety, exploitation and maintenance of N4-type nuclear power plants
Grenoble National School of Physics – ENSPG
Major in: Energy and Nuclear Sciences
ENSPG (now called Phelma), develops “An approach based on fundamentals, with a strong emphasis on mathematics and physics, and a high level of abstraction.”, see the school presentation page.
Main courses followed: nuclear physics, neutron transport, thermodynamics, electromagnetics, safety and risk management, C language.
Activity: President of PG Robotik, leading a team of 15 student to design an autonomous robot in order to compete in the french national robotics cup.
Bariloche, Rio Negro, Argentina
7 months in the Atomic Center of Bariloche (CAB), attending last year of the Nuclear Engineering Graduate Course.
Main courses followed: Nuclear Power Plants, Heat Transfer, Nuclear Design & Safety, Nuclear Fuel & Material
Activities: practical work on Nuclear Reactor RA-6. Two-week internship in Embalse Nuclear Power Plant.
University of Tours
Major in: Materials and Physico-Chemical Controls
Practice-oriented courses in Electronics, Materials & Alloys, Thermodynamics, Optics, Metrology.
Software Lifecycle Management
Software & Tools
Quality Management tools: extensive knowledge of: HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft TFS
Experienced with CAD software: Solid Edge, Solid Works, Autodesk Fusion 360
Experienced with Matlab & Simulink , NI Labview
© 2016 - Designed by myself with WordPress + JARVIS